A few years ago, MiOS was a relatively small company. Was very close to being a startup. Even so, its product, Vera, was powerful. The number of clients was increasing. Big players in the communication business were white-labeling its product. Each one having its own requests or specific changes.
Having this many clients and for each client going through the same process of develop - test - deploy, a lot of time was wasted on manually managing the builds and their statuses.
This resulted in the need for a new tool that would:
- ease the way the build was released to the client;
- manage build versions and build platforms;
- manage clients and show the right build to the right client;
- make the result of the testing visible to all the involved parties including comments and issues list;
- help project managers make quicker decisions;
- give project managers the 'power' to make the build visible or not to the client;
The tool was developed using PHP and Symfony2 framework.